Enrolment Form & Criteria« back to home
1. Enrolment Application Form
Click to download an School Enrolment Form 2019
Please note: on acceptance of a position at St John’s, an $80 non-refundable deposit will be required.
2. Enrolment Policy
St John’s Catholic Primary School, Clifton Hill, exists to provide a Catholic Education to the Catholic children whose primary residence falls within the boundaries of the northern section of Our Lady of the Southern Cross Parish (Collingwood and Clifton Hill) and St Brigid’s Parish (North Fitzroy) – suburbs included in this catchment are Clifton Hill, Fitzroy North, Carlton, Carlton North and parts of Northcote/Westgarth south of Merri Creek.
We believe that:
The school strives to provide an opportunity for all Catholic children of primary school age within the catchment described above to attend school. The school strives to provide an efficient and clearly-stated policy and process of enrolment which satisfies the needs of parents, children and the school.
Guidelines for Action:
All applications will be prioritised using the following criteria:
- All baptised Catholic children living within the boundaries of the catchment listed above are welcome to attend our school providing the school is able to cater for the child’s needs.Brothers and sisters of children already attending the school.
- Baptised Catholic children living within the parish boundaries will be placed on a waiting list if places are unavailable.
- Baptised Catholic children not living within parish boundaries, depending on availability of places and motivations for seeking enrolment.
- Children of other Christian traditions, depending on availability of places and motivations for seeking enrolment.
- Non-baptised children, depending on availability of places and motivations for seeking enrolment if positions are available.
- Students enrolling at our school as part of a Prep intake will be required to provide proof of age (indicating that they have turned 5 years of age by the 30th April of that year) a copy of the child’s Baptismal Certificate and an Immunisation Certificate.
- A child who is less than the minimum age of entry for Victorian schools but has transferred from an interstate school may be eligible for enrolment. Evidence of age and full-time enrolment at the interstate school must be provided.
- Other parents seeking early age entry for their children must make a written application to the Principal.
- All enrolments will require the completion of the ‘Confidential Student Information Enrolment Form’ with details entered immediately on the school student database.
- Students wishing to enrol at our school from other schools will not be automatically accepted.
- Students will be allocated to classes according to a combination of class size and student need.
This policy will be reviewed as part of the School Improvement Plan. The policy was last reviewed in May 2016.